What have I been up to since going offline
- On twitter @steveloughran. Idle chatter.
- Finishing up some major project at work that has kept be busy for the past 12-18 months. I am feeling more relaxed now.
- Coding in Groovy. It's like Java only better, and trivial to switch between the too. There's great IDE support in IntelliJ IDEA too.
- Doing some proper Computer Science stuff, as opposed to Software Engineering.
- Paper Reading. This may seem dull, but there is a lot of interesting stuff out there. If you spend too much time knee-deep in various projects' codebases you get sucked into various issues (log4j configuration etc), and out of touch with higher level problems.
- Holiday on the south coast of England. Not far; lazy. I lost a camera, which is a pity, but I've replaced it already.
With the work I've been doing wrapping up, I'm hoping to get more involved in Hadoop and Hadoop related work. I don't have a schedule for that -I'm just reading now.